Job Announcement: Director – Office of Curriculum and Assessment
The Ohio Department of Education is seeking a visionary leader with proven educational and organizational leadership skills that can direct the future-focused Office of Curriculum and Assessment. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of educational issues involving standards, curriculum and their aligned assessments to support student learning.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Directs the Office of Curriculum and Assessment in providing leadership and support for schools and districts in the implementation of curriculum and Ohio’s standards and assessment system:
• Oversees the review and update of Ohio’s Learning Standards and related model curricula in all content areas through extensive stakeholder engagement;
• Oversees the implementation of professional development and technical assistance emphasizing innovative practices to support districts in helping students become college career ready leveraging regional systems of support;
• Leads all aspects of statewide K-12 assessment system including:
o Fiscal management of assessment contracts (e.g., AIR, ACT, SAT) and contract monitoring (e.g., vendor relation management, deliverables);
o Coordination of a variety of tests for multiple purposes (e.g., computer-based test, ACT, SAT, Work Keys, Alternative Tests);
o Ensure assessments and results meet technical requirements (e.g., reliability, validity);
• Supports major legislative and State Board of Education initiatives and policies as they arise (e.g., Third Grade Reading Guarantee, graduation requirements);
• Leads the development of annual strategic goals for the Office;
• Develops partners in the field (e.g., ESCs, Network of Regional Leaders) that will help open two-way lines of communication;
• Coordinates the alignment of Ohio’s Learning Standards with standards from other ODE offices;
• Coordinates with the Office of Innovation on topics of blended learning, Innovative Learning Network (ILN), competency-based education and the learning management system (LMS);
• Oversees collection of evidence needed for submission for peer review approval process for Ohio State Standards and Assessments.
• Completion of a Master’s degree or higher in one of the following areas: Education, Educational Measurement, Educational Leadership, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related equivalent degree;
• 5 years of administrative or managerial experience;
• Demonstrated experience in the implementation of regional or district-wide assessments or curriculum and instruction supports.
• Political acumen with various stakeholders and constituent groups
• Deep knowledge and experience working with programs and educators that provide curricular and assessment supports to districts
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills related to educational policy, resource allocation, and program design
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to build productive relationships with, and communicate complex messages to, a wide variety of stakeholders
• A strong understanding of Ohio’s educational policy and landscape
• Unwavering belief that all students can learn and achieve success in school
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills
• Systems thinker with creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Compensation is negotiable; depends on candidate’s experience and qualifications
- Requires travel throughout State of Ohio and may require overnight stay. (Must be willing and able to secure a valid Driver’s License OR supply your own transportation.)
All qualified candidates may submit materials to email@example.com
The Ohio Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability (ADA),
age or veteran status in employment, programs, or against individuals receiving services.
Meet the Team
WorldBridge Partners earned the Best of Staffing®Award for providing remarkable service quality. Fewer than 2% of all staffing agencies in the U.S. and Canada earned the 2015 Best of Staffing Award for service excellence. With satisfaction ratings more than three times higher than the industry average, the Best of Staffing winners truly stand out for exceeding expectations. This award identifies the staffing industry's elite leaders in service quality.